When it comes to hygiene and cleanliness, humans really care about places where they stay and live a life. A few decades ago, humans used to clean their surroundings manually. In large industries and organizations, it is quite a tremendous job and requires too many cleaners at a time. And as humans perform actions, some of the times accuracy can be hindered.
Today is an ERA of modernization and automation. Also, certain automation and mechanical components ‘Robots’ in short are being developed to fulfil the needs of cleaners in huge industries. The Mopping Mechanisms have into existence. It is similar to traditional mopping “cleaning or soaking up liquid or fluids to wipe out.” Regular mopping is usually done by a cloth or sponge which deals up mopping. Later certain advancements and mechanics that included holders and substances that deals with cleaning and soaking it too called as Moppers.
Mopping Mechanisms advancements:
Now, when automation and Machine Learning techniques “indirectly AI” is introduced in fields, individual robots are being researched which can efficiently scan the places and clean respectively. It is quite difficult for such mechanisms to make decisions based on circumstances. With moulding advanced technologies, new systems can be built.
The Mopping Detection mechanisms have to detect the hurdles, base or floor, density and thickness, water or cleansing agents used and other factors and importantly monitor and maintain the whole system properly without crashing. A standard process of Mopping has to be detected which may include:
- Choosing a Mop and Buckets based on surface
- Choosing the cleaner and sweep First.
- Later, Fill the buckets or containers.
- Dipping and wrinkling the mop and begin mopping all done
- Finally, rinse the cleaned area, respectively.
For mopping, a Standard Operating Procedure(SOP’s) is to be followed. Basically, MOP is used to ensure the desired outcome by controlling actions and conditions. A MOP is usually a stand-alone document. Sometimes, it can be a part of standard operating procedures (SOP).
An essential SOP detail leads one to knows how the changes are required to be made during normal operations. Many MOPs combine to form an SOP. An individual MOP could be a different part of multiple SOPS. In a certain way, Hygiene Sops are addressed to the following professions:
- Kitchen Hygiene: to clean the germs and disallow the foodborne diseases
- The Personal Hygiene SOP’s: deals with washing hands, body parts so as to protect from illness. These SOP’s are to be followed by the mechanisms of Mopping
- Chef Hygiene: The food to be cooked, the methodologies and importantly, the containers used with material quality are addressed in these SOPs.
- Even there is specific smoking (smoke ventilation), eating and gum chewing etc. policies are discussed.
- Washing hands and elements are given prior importance of how to wash, using sanitizer or soaps, etc. are all mentioned
AS we know only vacuuming cannot help cleanliness so, this robot vacuum and mop combinations lead to the suction of dust, dirt and other debris which is to clean and then mop floors for more accurate results. These SOP’s are followed while designing such mopping mechanisms. Robot manufacturing can outsource the mopping mechanism, which can simply use with Wi-Fi connectivity. This will help to schedule and program cleanings, provide voice commands, and more all from one’s device. Even power consumption issues can be handled.
In such a way, Mopping Detection Systems are being considered important in Hygiene maintenance system development nowadays for having a futuristic model to focus on cleanliness and hygiene at and workplace respectively.